Our infamous supper clubs return….
After launching our supper clubs in 2018 we have been inundated with requests for more, more more!
Our first for 2019 is the most romantic night of the year, Valentines! Watch this space for more supper clubs to come, or join our gardening club by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Valentines in our Candlelit Vinery
Thursday 14th February 2019 @ 7.00pm arrival drinks, 7.30pm first course served.
Fruit jewelled, garlic, thyme & white wine baked Camembert to share with Potato & Thyme bread, crudités & sweet dipping balsamic & oils.
A Queen scallop on a bed of minty pea purée with crispy prosciutto.
12 hour slow cooked Boeuf Bourguignon served with toasted cumin stir fried seasonal greens & a creamy celeriac mash.
Apple Tarte Tatin with Chantilly Cream & chocolate dipped strawberries.
Coffee or tea with petit fours
£65.00 per person including a glass of English sparkling wine and Valentine gifts for everyone. £30.00 deposit per person required upon booking.
Please call 01580 752752 to book.
Grow Your Own HRT
Saturday 13th April 11am – mid day
Lecture and demonstration £8 per person.
Join Sally J. Duffell for a talk about how to Grow Your Own HRT, with a demonstration and humour all included!
Sally J Duffell is an ex stand-up comic who had to give up her career due to a health condition and got interested in science. Then she was hit by menopause symptoms and she started growing bean and seed sprouts because she knew they contained plant hormones. Then she thought she’d look at the scientific evidence behind it.
She was astonished by what she found. And you will be too.
- Amazing thing no 1 is that scientists have carried out loads of experiments on plant hormones in beans and seed sprouts so they can extract them and turn them into drugs and supplements. They never mention that we can grow them and eat them ourselves.
- Amazing thing no 2 is that scientists have proven there is an alternative model for the way healthy women menopause. This is ignored by the HRT industry, who want us to believe that we are all deficient in hormones.
- Amazing thing no 3 is that plants themselves don’t contain any plant hormones. They contain compounds that are converted in hormones by our gut bacteria. Yes, we have our very own hormonal pharmacy inside us. All we have to do is feed it the right food.
- Amazing thing no 4 is that WE NEED those PLANT HORMONES. We evolved alongside them and brand-new evidence shows that our cells have special plant hormone receptors just looking for them. We’d be mad to disappoint those cells!
Saturday 27th July – performance starts at 7.30pm
£25 per ticket.
Pre supper dinners in the Vinery Café must be pre booked or bring a picnic. Come rain or shine, this outdoor performance will go ahead…there’s no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing!!!
Described as “Downton Abbey with gardening tips”, Old Herbaceous is the humorous love story of a single-minded yet gentle man with a passion for plants and is a charming one man play which has entranced sell-out audiences all around the country over the last two years.
An acute and sometimes hilarious observation of relationships between the classes in a simpler age, Old Herbaceous is sprinkled with witticisms and epithets. The evening blossoms into tender humour, much in the traditionally understated English style of the early 20th century.
As Old Herbaceous, renowned actor Giles Shenton truly lives the part of the legendary Head Gardener, Herbert Pinnegar, inviting you to feel included in a private chat from a bygone, comforting age. Keeping you engrossed, amused and emotionally engaged from start to finish, Old Herbaceous will leave you with a feeling that, perhaps, all’s right with the world.
- Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2016
- Royal Horticultural Society Arts Festival 2016
- National Gardening Week 2018
- Festival of Gardens North Wales 2018
- Evesham Festival of Words 2018
"This lovingly created production is a joy to watch. Sad at times, it unexpectedly twists into a quiet love story of sorts. A delightful tale, beautifully told, Old Herbaceous is a treat to watch and not just for garden lovers." The Reviews Hub
"Wonderful production....Downton Abbey with gardening tips" Surrey Advertiser
"Not to be missed" BBC Radio Kent
“Reminiscent of going down to the allotment with your grandad…..a wonderful, wonderful evening” BBC Radio Lincolnshire
“Absolutely idyllic” BBC Radio York
“What exactly was the factor that kept the audience riveted to Giles Shenton’s performance? He draws us into his world from his ﬁrst entrance...and we are held entranced from start to ﬁnish....it is a nostalgic, quietly satisfying evening spent with someone who creates an instant rapport with the audience, drawing us into his world and making the characters in it so real you feel you have known them forever." Edinburgh Fringe Review
Full reviews at www.kickinthehead.co.uk/old-herbaceous
Please contact us to enquire about our training gift vouchers
The perfect gift for any garden lover.
Phone us on 01580 752752 or email us to book your place now.